The current situation is different to what we’re used to, but let’s see the brighter side. Staying at home is the safest approach right now so this is the optimum time to perform at-home activities for when lockdown is over. How many of us are guilty of neglecting our car? In today’s world, time is precious, but because of the lockdown, we have time on our hands to utilise wisely and benefit from later. No matter what vehicle type you own, you have to understand that storing a vehicle for a long time can have adverse effects. So you have to give extra care to your car – maybe more than what you would do in normal days. Here are 5 top tips you can make use of in order to achieve a trouble free vehicle, especially when you are going to drive locally in Yorkshire.
1) Keep your car properly lubricated. Drying up can happen as you are not driving anymore. This can have serious implications later, so the best advice is to keep your car parts lubricated. You can take your car out for a really small drive so fluid reaches all the right places.
2) Do not over-look your tyres. This is a golden time to check the quality of your tyres. Keep them clean and look for any signs of faults or damages to make a mental note of to save some money getting new tyres later. Luckily, for localities like Wakefield, there are reliable tyre companies serving the area. For example the team at Ossett Tyre House can help you find the right tyres in Wakefield (you can call on 01924271081)
3) Charge the batteries up. You can make use of a trickle charger in order to sustain your batteries. If you don’t pay attention to the batteries, you will have to get new ones later and this will just be an added expense.
4) Clean/disinfect your car. Although this seems pretty basic, try to have discipline in your car care routine. Disinfect it from the inside and de-clutter where it is needed.
5) Run the engine. This is key, otherwise your car could be badly effected. Just move your car and start the engine from time to time.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post